2016 Ohio Minister’s Meeting
We must not forget we are the church. We are commissioned to expand the Kingdom. We are not building our ministries; we are called instruments of God to build His church.
We must approach our challenges spiritually. Don’t be distracted.
The merger has been completed. We are no longer Northern Ohio and Southern Ohio. We are Ohio.
This Is Our Time!
Here is our five-point plan:
WE MUST GET TOGETHER
- Together, everyone wins.
- The State Office is not the enemy; the State Office and the local church are on the same team.
- The attitude of “supporting as we desire to be supported” must be adopted by all.
- The New Testament model is to assist each other – the strong must help the weak.
- Honoring the covenant by reporting faithfully by the 5th of each month is vital.
WE WILL PRAY
- The Church of God in Ohio is being called to prayer and every Ohio church is being challenged to become a house of prayer.
- We will be partnering with Doug Small and Project Pray in prayer events and training within the state.
- Each pastor is asked to appoint a Local Prayer Coordinator and communicate that appointment to the State Office.
- Every Ohio minister is requested to participate in Thursday to Triumph by using this day each week to fast and pray for the Church of God in Ohio.
- I will be calling for a Solemn Assembly in January.
WE WILL WIN SOULS
- Every Ohio church is challenged to become a Great Commission Church. The Great Commission is the solution to our needs.
- Ministers are urged to take the lead in soul winning. Winning people to Jesus must be our passion.
- There should be a renewed emphasis on altar calls – give people a chance to come to the Lord in our worship services.
- We will win souls by Planting Churches. New churches must be planted in Ohio by men and women who have an apostolic anointing. Regional Elders are urged to look for church planters and church planting opportunities.
- A Church Planting Task Force will be formed to work with the State Council and me to oversee this work.
- I have a goal of raising $100,000.00 to plant churches in Ohio.
- We will continue our strong thrust with World Missions winning souls around the world.
WE WILL MAKE DISCIPLES
- We have been called to not only evangelize, but make disciples of those we win.
- There must be a renewed emphasis on teaching our people. Sunday School is a great tool. Small groups are a great tool. Pastors must establish a plan that works in their church to disciple our constituents.
- Adult Discipleship, directed by David and Lorna Gosnell, can assist with material and ideas. Randy Ballard ,from our own state, has developed excellent discipleship material.
- Pastors are urged to sharpen their ministry tools by participating in state-sponsored enrichment times. These meetings are planned to enhance local ministry but only help those who participate. These times should be priority for every pastor.
- I will be establishing the Ohio Pastor Enrichment Initiative.
- First-time pastors will be assigned a Mentoring Pastor to assist, encourage and hold them accountable.
- Milestones directed by Bruce Philippi is being used across the state with strong results.
- Effort should be made to equip local leaders.
- We must give attention to growing healthy churches. Each pastor is challenged to set a 10% increase goal in attendance and income for this coming year.
WE WILL REPRESENT JESUS WELL
- Each pastor is urged to walk across the street from their property and view it as someone from their community would – the things that should be fixed and improved should be.
- Each pastor is urged to take a critical look at the ministries, including the worship service, of your church. If you were not the pastor, would you attend?
- Each pastor is urged to consider how your church is being communicated online. The website is the new curb appeal.
- Each pastor is challenged to become involved in their community. We must be seen as more than an organization that meets for worship two or three times per week. We must be seen as a Body that truly cares about those around us.
- On a state level, The Ohio Mission allows us to go where we couldn’t normally go and do what we normally couldn’t do.
My vision can be summed up this way – we will expand the Kingdom by building healthy churches. This will be done through Prayer; Affirmation; Training and Resourcing.
Everything we do will align with the Church of God FINISH Commitment: